AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Division Chief, Fire Prevention this position:
- Conducts inspections and enforces the Ontario Fire Code and other relevant legislation and standards;
- Produces and maintains comprehensive documentation and reports related to all activities;
- Acts as an assistant to the Fire Marshal under the provisions of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act (FPPA).
- Participates in fire safety education programs, as assigned;
- Initiates the Fire Code enforcement process and acts as a witness in court or other proceedings as required;
- Inspects and tests various fire protection systems;
- Reviews various site plans as assigned with respect to code compliance and fire safety;
- Assist in providing training and guidance to other Fire and Emergency Services staff as required;
- Conducts fire investigations as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education;
- Ontario College Advanced Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- 5 years experience in fire protection inspection, installation, maintenance and/or enforcement or a related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Fire Code;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Building Code;
- Demonstrated reliability;
- Demonstrated experience in the design, function, installation, maintenance and operation of the following systems: sprinkler systems, standpipe and hose systems, fire alarm and voice communication systems, commercial cooking equipment ventilation and various fire protection systems;
- Demonstrated customer service and public relations skills;
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- Must possess and maintain a valid, non-probationary, Class “G” Ontario Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift and stand for extended periods of time;
- Must be willing and able to wear all required uniform clothing and/or personal protective equipment as assigned/required;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must be available to work shift work and variable hours.
- Enforcement and court prosecution skills
- Knowledge of chemistry including knowledge of flammable and combustible liquids
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply quoting the file number 102400 by MARCH 17, 2017 at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com and search for key words City of Brampton. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview with be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
|February 28, 2017|
|8:30 am||to||11:00 am|
Location: Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, 7 Underwriters Road, Toronto, ON M1E 3A9
By Reservation Only – Limit 40 Persons
Time: 8:30 a.m. registration and seminar from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Meals: Continental breakfast will be provided
Certificate: A certificate of attendance will be issued by CFSA at the end of the seminar
$45.00 (including HST) for CFSA members; early-bird and group pricing available
$55.00 (including HST) for non-members
The objective of this seminar will be to review the CAN/ULC-S561 “Standard for Installation and Services for Fire Signal Receiving Centres and Systems” standard.
The seminar will discuss requirements from the standard including:
- Importance of fire alarm monitoring
- Equipment, power supply, cables and wiring, protection service, protected premises, etc.
- Installation of monitoring systems
- Inspection and Testing
More Information and Registrations
For complete information and to register, simply download our printable registration form, and return your completed registration to the address indicated on the form.