Enclosure Integrity TestingJanuary 27, 2021
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
ENCLOSURE INTEGRITY TESTING
CFSA Online Learning (Once registered, additional information will be provided regarding the webinar URL)
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Certificate: A certificate of attendance will be issued by CFSA at the end of the workshop
This workshop may qualify for continuing education credits/learning hours when recertifying for designations (i.e. C.E.T., CFPS, CFEI, CFAA, etc.). This workshop will account for 1 hour.
- $25.00 (including HST) for CFSA members
- $32.50 (including HST) for non-members
- $10.00 (including HST) for students
This webinar describes the purpose and process of enclosure integrity testing, and its importance to fire safety in the built environment. It also looks at ways of improving testing results.
- What is a Room Integrity Test and why it is necessary
- How to interpret the test results
- Impact of HVAC on the test procedure and results
- How the room and the suppression system designers can optimise the test result
- Options available to improve the results for a room that fails the standard test
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
This workshop will benefit engineers, designers, consultants and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (building and fire departments).
Iain Boyd is President of Fire Integrity Testing (FIT) Solutions with over 50 years of experience in the fire protection industry. Ian’s vast project experience covers a global scale including his early days as a design/project engineer for automatic sprinkler protection systems in Ireland and later recruited and immigrated to South Africa as a Major Projects Engineer where he started one of the top four fire protection companies in South Africa (ITF Fire Protection Co.).Protection Co. in Johannesburg, South Africa. Ian presently offers room integrity testing and consulting services for fire protection system installers and end users and will be covering the above topics in this presentation.
By Reservation only. To register, you can use our secure online server.