SMOKE CONTROL SYSTEMSDecember 8, 2021
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Location: CFSA Online Learning (Once registered, additional information will be provided regarding the webinar URL)
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET
- Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance will be issued by CFSA at the end of the session
- Members: $26.67 + 3.98 HST = $30.65
- Non-Members $33.18 + 4.96 HST = $38.14
- Students: $13.62 + 2.03 HST = $15.65
This Presentation will cover an overview of Building and Fire Code requirements for smoke control systems, design application examples, and testing. This will include discussion on OBC requirements, MMAH Supplementary Standard SB-4 measures, as well as smoke control testing techniques for various components of smoke control systems.
- What is a smoke control system?
- Review of first principles of smoke control.
- OBC requirements.
- MMAH SB-4 Measures and examples
- Testing guidelines and lessons learned.
Who Will Benefit?
This workshop will benefit engineers, designers, consultants, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (building and fire departments).
Mike Zukov, P.Eng., Consulting Engineer is a principal of ARENCON Inc., fire protection consulting engineers, in Toronto. With over 15 years’ experience in the fire protection industry in Canada, including building code and fire code compliance reviews, fire alarm and sprinkler systems design, construction project management, and Integrated Systems Testing (IST).
Mike holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from Ryerson University, is a registered Professional Engineer, as well as holds the designation of Consulting Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario.
Mike is a member of the working group committees for CAN/ULC-S524 and CAN/ULC-S1001, as well as a Director and registered fire alarm technician with the Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA).
|Register Online||Register by Mail (Cheque)|
This workshop may qualify for continuing education credits/learning hours when recertifying for designations (i.e. C.E.T., CFPS, CFEI, CFAA, etc.). This workshop will account for 1 hour.