Storage Sprinkler Discharge ObstructionsMay 5, 2022
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Location: CFSA Online Learning (Once registered, additional information will be provided regarding the webinar URL)
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ET
- Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance will be issued by CFSA at the end of the session
- Members: $30.00 + 3.90 HST = $33.90
- Non-Members $40.00 + 5.20 HST = $45.20
- Students: $15.00 + 1.95 HST = $16.95
This workshop will focus on FM Global Property Loss Prevention Data Sheet 2-0, Installation Guidelines for Automatic Sprinklers, which was updated in October 2021. Additional guidance was provided for objects below a sprinkler that could result in a sprinkler discharge obstruction based on recent testing. This new guidance will be talked about in detail and the emphasis will be on storage occupancies.
- Fundamentals of protecting storage
- Overview of sprinkler discharge obstructions and our previous recommendations
- Explain recent fire testing done by the FM Global Research Campus
- Explain new recommendations
Who Will Benefit?
This workshop will benefit engineers, designers, consultants, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (building and fire departments).
Neil M. Chaudhuri, P.Eng. is the Operations Chief Engineer for FM Global – Canada Operations and has over 15 years of experience in loss prevention and risk management. FM Global is a global commercial property insurance company that has been practicing for nearly 200 years. FM Global partners with their clients and will assess and engineer risk at client sites to help prevent and mitigate loss using state-of-the-art loss prevention engineering and research as well as providing risk transfer and insurance. Neil is a technical resource for engineers across Canada and visits insured locations in a variety of industries with complex risks with the engineers to help come up with risk improvement solutions.
Neil holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Waterloo and is a registered Professional Engineer in the provinces of Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
Neil is a member of American Institute of Chemical Engineers and also is a guest lecturer on process safety at Queens University for a 4th year chemical engineering course.
Free to Members and Non-Members
Don't miss this opportunity to showcase your company amongst industry peers! Starting at: $250.00